Fancy a whiteout extreme driving holiday? Do you like endless bad roads and want to work hard for every kilometre covered? If yes, then this is one drive a hardcore 4wd enthusiast should never miss.
A fleet of expedition ready Mahindra 4x4’s would be provided to the participants to undertake this drive. An experienced expedition management team equipped with years of knowledge of the local terrain, vehicle recovery operations knowhow along with a doctor and a service team would be there to ensure you have a great experience.
Starting from Chandigarh, the expedition would make it to Kaza in Spiti valley and through the snowed out roads of enchanting Sangla valley. Since snow driving is entirely a different ball game, we would prefer people with prior 4wd experience to embark on this journey. This hardcore drive could involve staying in tents on cold nights, high altitude driving and the participant is expected to rough it out as the weather could be harsh with temperatures going below -20 Celsius.
Given the remoteness of this region and being an off-season, the accommodation available is basic on shared basis and in few places could even involve common toilets. Given the difficulty of this drive, we would prefer participants who are team players with more than a decade of driving experience with good health & endurance capability with an open mind to adapt to changing on ground situations. Though open to all, confirmation of participation would be basis completion of intermediary off-road training course at the training academy located in Igatpuri/Mangalore.
- 4x4 snow driving learning experience
- Drive through some of the most scenic vistas
- Learn winter vehicle preservation techniques
- Learn winter camping techniques
- Track side lunch at most scenic places
- Visit monasteries & locals to understand their winter habitat
- Endurance training to cope with extreme climatic conditions
- *Dates and Places are subject to change depending on the weather conditions