This classic expedition is a test of both man and machine as you drive our expedition Mahindra SUVs on some of the highest motorable roads in the world. High altitude, inclement weather and some of the roughest terrain in the world are words that come to mind when we think of the Monastery Escape. The route takes the famous Leh-Manali highway starting from New Delhi. One gets to sample local cuisine at carefully chosen night halts that also help in acclimatisation.
Whether it’s the night in the tents at Jispa or the magnificent lanes of Leh, there’s plenty to do in the Monastery Escape. And we aren’t even talking about the driving which is an adventure all in itself. You’ll see plenty of 4x4 application as you make your way through Gata loops and through the rough terrain of high mountain passes like the Rohtang and Khardung La to name a few. Are you up for the challenge?
- Each participant must produce a Covid vaccination certificate or RTPCR Covid Negative report from a maximum of 72 hours before the commencement of the event.
- Mahindra Adventure will supply each participant with a hygiene kit which includes masks, sanitisers and gloves.
- Mahindra Adventure will sanitise the vehicles before the trip. However, everyday cleaning of the interiors will be the responsibility of the participants.
- Participants will have to don masks during all kinds of group activities and must exercise covid appropriate behaviour.
- Participants must procure an additional general health cover before commencement of the event.